Woman SRSLY champions bold new female-led performance through platforms and networking support and aims to create a platform for female artists to share their ideas and experiences.
Woman SRSLY is launching an open call for proposals from performance artists to participate in the next Woman SRSLY platform at The Yard Theatre on the 19 April 2018.
They are seeking proposals from female identified artists who have bold ideas for new performance work including theatre, dance, cabaret and film.
They’re looking for shows which:
- have a strong visual and / or conceptual element
- celebrates different notions of what femininity means to the artist
- are made by female-identified / gender queer / non-binary artists (work will be accepted which includes male performers). They are interested in work by artists who face disadvantage within the arts industry. This includes people with disabilities, people of colour, people from financially disadvantaged backgrounds, older people and people from any other marginalised background or identity
- are new, scratch or tour ready
- are between 10-20 mins in length
- can be performed in a with a basic technical set up (technical specs available on request)
- are innovative and experimental in form
- Work that comes under the banner of dance, theatre, film, cabaret and performance art. They are particularly interested in work, which is under represented in a traditional theatre setting.
- are made by artists based in the UK
As well as an opportunity to share your work they are offering:
- 10% of profits from ticket sales will be paid to each act
- Marketing and press for the event
- Technical support and technical rehearsal
- Film of work and images
You must be available from 2pm onwards on 19 April 2018.
Please send your completed application form by the 26 March to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified by the 3 of April.