As the global pandemic isn’t letting our life go back to normal, dance companies are continuing to broadcast their performances to audiences over the world. Here are some shows which are going to be available starting next week!
Monday, August 17
- Shobana Jeyasingh Dance is going to broadcast their last SJD SHORTS featuring Contagion on Monday 17 August at 7 pm UK time/ 2 pm EST on their Facebook page. It is going to be available for seven days on the company’s Facebook and YouTube channels. Created in 2018, Contagion commemorates the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918 which killed more people than the First World War itself. Inspired by nature and spread of the unseen flu virus, the work has become unexpectedly relevant to the world we find ourselves in today.
- Works & Process Artists (WPA) Virtual Commissions premiere Alejandro Cerrudo and Ana Lopez on Monday 7:30 pm EST/ 12:30 am UK time. It will premiere on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube and can be viewed at any time. Works & Process Artists (WPA) Virtual Commissions is a direct response to the pandemic, was launched to financially support artists and nurture their creative process during these challenging times.
August 19, Wednesday
- Ballet Hispánico is going to broadcast Batucada Fantástica (1982) at 7 pm EST/12 am UK time. The full work will be streamed on Facebook, YouTube, and their website followed by Choreographers & Cocktails, a live discussion about the work hosted by Eduardo Vilaro (Artistic Director & CEO) and special guests.
August 20, Thursday
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater is going to broadcast their performance of Jawole Willa Jo Zollar’s Shelter. You will be able to see the broadcast on the company’s Youtube Channel. Originally performed by the Ailey company in 1992, Jawole Willa Jo Zollar’s Shelter is a passionate statement about the physical and emotional deprivation of homeless people. The company also has multiple videos available to watch on their YouTube Chanel, including McGregor’s Chroma, Ronald K. Brown’s Grace, Robert Battle’s Takademe, and Alvin Ailey’s Revelations and Robert Battle’s Ella and In/Side
August 23, Sunday
- Andrew Skeels and Isabelle Panneton‘s creation for Festival des Arts de Saint-Sauveur will be released on Sunday. You can view it here! Festival des Arts de Saint-Sauveur – one of the largest summer dance festivals in Canada. This year’s 29th festival is forging ahead and responding to the challenges of covid by launching a new project called ‘A Shared Solitude‘, with 20 artists, 20 creations, forming 1 voice.Learn more about the festival and watch other works created for it here!
- Works & Process Artists (WPA) Virtual Commissions make another premiere the following week. This time it would be a piece by Silas Farley. It will premiere on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube at 7:30 pm EST/12:30 am UK time and can be viewed anytime after.