As the global pandemic isn’t letting our life go back to normal, dance companies are continuing to broadcast their performances to audiences over the world. Here are some shows which are going to be available starting next week!
Tuesday, 25th of August
- Birmingham Royal Ballet will broadcast their celebrated production of Cinderella at 7 pm UK time/ 2 pm ET on their website and Facebook page. The performance will be available to watch from 25th of August and for a further seven days.
Thursday, 27th of August
- Complexions Contemporary Ballet‘s Bach 25 is going to be the final streaming performance of The Joyce’s 2020 Summer season. It will be streaming at 7 pm ET/12 am UK time here. Set to the music of Johann Sebastian Bach and Carl Phillip Emanuel Bach, Dwight Rhoden’s Bach 25, created in 2018 to commemorate Complexions 25th Anniversary season, is a festive, athletic, neo-classical work in the signature style of Complexions. Romantic, playful, and intensely physical, Bach 25 celebrates the union of music and movement.
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater in Robert Battle’s No Longer Silent is going to be available on the company’s Youtube Channel and Facebook Page August 27–September 3. Robert Battle’s dramatic ensemble work No Longer Silent, set to Erwin Schulhoff’s percussive score “Ogelala,” features dancers evoking a complex and mysterious ritual.
- Akram Khan‘s Until the Lions performance at Roundhouse will be streamed on Thursday at 7 pm UK time/ 2 pm ET here.
Sunday, 30th of August
- Daina Ashbee and Alejandra Odgers creation for Festival des Arts de Saint-Sauveur will be released on Sunday. You can view it here! Festival des Arts de Saint-Sauveur – one of the largest summer dance festivals in Canada. This year’s 29th festival is forging ahead and responding to the challenges of covid by launching a new project called ‘A Shared Solitude‘, with 20 artists, 20 creations, forming 1 voice.Learn more about the festival and watch other works created for it here!