Woman SRSLY is launching an open call for proposals from female identified and socialised female performance artists to participate in their next platform at The Yard Theatre on the 30th August 2018.
Woman SRSLY champions unique and challenging female-led performance through platforms and networking support and aims to create a safe space for artists to share their ideas and experiences.
They are seeking proposals from female identified and socialised female artists who have bold ideas for performance work including music, theatre, dance, cabaret, live art and film.
They’re looking for shows which:
- Have a strong visual and / or conceptual element
- Are made by female-identified / gender queer / non-binary artists (work will be accepted which includes male performers). ‘We are interested in work by artists who face disadvantage within the arts industry. This includes people with disabilities, people of colour, people from financially disadvantaged backgrounds, older people and people from any other marginalised background or identity’
- Are new, scratch or tour ready
- Are between 10-20 mins in length
- Can be performed with a basic technical set up (technical specs available on request)
- Are innovative and experimental in form
- Come under the banner of dance, music, theatre, film, cabaret and live art. They are particularly interested in work, which is under represented in a traditional theatre setting
- Are made by artists based in the UK
As well as an opportunity to share your work they are offering:
- 10% of profits from ticket sales will be paid to each act
- Marketing and press for the event
- Technical support and technical rehearsal
- Film of work and images
You must be available from midday onwards on 30thAugust 2018. Please send your completed application form by the 23rdJuly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified by the 31stJuly.
To apply, please download and complete application form here