Elmhurst Ballet School graduate Lydia Holt is our final guest in our 3 part podcast series on this prestigious ballet school.
Prior to studying at Elmhurst, 19 yr old Lydia attended Tring Park School for the Performing Arts, where she was selected to perform with the English National Ballet in Swan Lake at the Royal Albert Hall, as well as St Petersburg Ballet in Don Quixote in Paris.
As a scholarship student, Lydia joined Elmhurst Ballet School at the age of 12 and during her time she won:
- 2015 Elmhurst Ballet Solo Competition performing Dance Concertantes by Sir Kenneth Macmillan
- 2016 Musicality Award at the Cecchetti Classical Ballet Awards, Sadler’s Wells
- Semi-finalist at the 2015 Royal Academy of Dance Genee Competition
- Appointed Head Girl at Elmhurst Ballet School from 2015-16
- Olympic Torch Bearer at the start of the 2012 Olympic Games in London
Lydia speaks eloquently about life as a ballet student, her passion for dance, working with acclaimed choreographers, the importance of dance history, the work required in the studio, balancing studies with preparing for life as a professional dancer.
As a graduate Lydia has begun auditioning and she gives us an insight to her experience, her dreams for the future, and the roles that she would love to dance.
We are excited to have Lydia join our wonderful team as a co-host of our podcast show. We are looking forward to Lydia showcasing the voice of the dance student and sharing her journey of becoming a professional ballerina.