The Royal Ballet dancers and choreographers nominated for National Dance Awards 2012
It is not surprising that The Royal Ballet dancers and choreographers have received 9 nominations including
- Principals Edward Watson and Marianela Nuñez
- First Soloist Yuhui Choe
- Soloists Paul Kay, Beatrix Stix-Brunell and Dawid Trzensimiech
- Former Royal Ballet Principal and now Director of English National Ballet Tamara Rojo is also nominated for her work at Covent Garden
Choreographers recognised include:
- Artistic Associate and Alastair Marriott, both nominated in the Best Classical Choreography category
- Associate Company Ballet Black is nominated in the same category for Storyville, as well as in the section for Best Independent Company
“It has been a bumper year! Collectively they have put forward over 250 dancers, choreographers and companies for consideration and so the final shortlists are already very much the elite of 2012”, said the Chairman of the Dance Section, Graham Watts.
The winners of the National Dance Awards will be announced on Monday 28 January 2013. See the full list of nominees here.