As a full-time dance student living in a small town in Switzerland, I have to travel a long way to get to a professional ballet class – 2.5 hours each way to be exact.
I used to lug around a heavy dance bag filled with tools, warm-ups and reading material (for my commute).
But some time ago I came to the realisation that I much prefer to travel light and actually don’t really need all the bits and bobs I carried with me.
So I paired it down to my essentials and actually switched from a bag to a backpack, as this is much better for your back and also keeps your arms and hands free (to grab that essential cup of coffee on the way to class for instance ???? ).
I chose a black backpack because you can pair this color with basically any outfit and I like to keep things simple (including my look).
Here are my ballet bag essentials:
- Leotard, I mostly wear Yumiko but have found some other flattering brands I like made by dancers
- Pants or tights (depending on how I feel that day)
- Socks, to warm up in
- Flat shoes
- Freed pointe shoes
- Rubz ball, to roll out my feet before, during and after class. This little ball is a life saver as my feet get super tight
- Pouch containing hairbands, combe, bobbypins and perfume
- Water bottle by Swell, love this bottle as it keeps your drink cooled
- Book, for my commute
- Agenda & pen, to keep organised and jot down ideas and corrections
- Snacks: nuts, fruit and Raw Bars
As you can see, it’s pretty basic. What about you? What’s in your dance bag?